Hey Blog Friends,
By now most of you have seen the before pictures of my camper (if you haven’t seen the horror – than click here.) So today I wanted to share with you my vision for the “glamper”. One of the most important things that I was looking forward to changing was the depressing beige-brown walls. But since camper walls are very different from the walls in your home, I needed to ensure that the thin papery walls could be painted with regular paint. That’s when I started my research on the internet and of course Pinterest. I started a board called Camper to Glamper and began pinning images of all the amazing camper transformations I found out on the blogosphere. Here are just a few images that totally inspired me!
This missionary couple that blogs about their missionary life from the blog States to Sudan renovated their 5th Wheel camper in 2012 and it looks fantastic….the kitchen was painted white and the walls a very light grey. I just loved how airy and light the camper looked versus the before pictures and it was the exact same look I wanted my camper to have.
The blog Two Berti’s chronicled the before and after renovation of their parents camper – again so light and bright. And I love the flooring. Good bye ugly brown vinyl flooring and carpeting!
I also really liked the vintage vibe of this camper — although that’s not the look I am going for. Again I loved the bleached wood flooring and its overall charm. See the rest of this camper here. She calls it her cottage on wheels….which is ironic because besides nick-naming our camper ‘the glamper,’ I also call it our summer home on wheels. Anything goes except trailer — I hate that word.
I really loved how the ‘master bedroom’ turned out in this camper — and you know what theme I am going for — light and bright…..and this camper has got it. Check out the rest of the renovation here!
Now let`s get to my vision for our `camper to glamper` reno. Of course it’s going to be light and bright with lots of nautical blue accents to break up all the white. However, my husband & I don’t want to spend a ton of money on this renovation so you will notice that most furnishings are from Ikea Canada because they have fabulous funky furniture that is well priced. I am also using fabric shower curtains on most windows because they are cheaper than drapery panels AND look amazing! I did splurge on a few items, like the vinyl flooring, custom drapery in the girl’s room, and Peel & stick wallpaper for 2 accent walls. I am so excited to see this renovation completed so I can really begin enjoying my summer.
So now that you pretty much understand what I am trying to accomplish in my camper renovation, let me take you through my vision board for the main area of the camper.
- Kitchen Table – Ingatorp Drop Leaf Table in White from Ikea Canada — a great space saver
- Nils Stools in White – so adorable and they fit nicely underneath the table….more space saving!
- The entire camper (walls & cabinets) will be painted in White Dove OC-17 by Benjamin Moore – so bright….this is my new favourite white.
- Love the concept of restickable wallpaper. This is from a company called Simple Shapes based out of New Jersey. Look at the little blue birds….dying to see it how it looks on my 2 narrow accent walls.
- Fun toss cushions in navy & white that express exactly how I am feel when I am up at the camper. These 2 are from Indigo.
- This navy & white striped nautical looking fabric is actually a fabric shower curtain from Target Canada! Yes, I can`t believe it either. The remaining 2 fabrics, Swell & Starfish, both in navy, are from Tonic Living and will be used to reupholster a few things in the camper — a future post – I promise.
- Cute pendant light – Kvartar from Ikea – I am considering for over the dining table or over my bed.
- So excited about the flooring going down in the camper. It’s a beautiful vinyl in Silverwood Oak….it`s going to look stunning against the white walls.
- Cozy navy throw from Indigo that will look great tossed over one of the wicker chairs, which leads me to
- Love, Love, Loving these wicker chairs (x2) from Ikea Canada that will take the place of the god-awful looking sofa we have in the ‘living room’
Hope you love the vision of my Glamper as much as I do. Stay tuned for my next post that is all about Dove White!!