It’s the Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, October 11th..and you know what that means….lots of turkey, family around the table and time to contemplate what I am thankful for this year!!
So here is my list of what I am thankful for this year!!!
1) The love of my family and friends:
Thank you to my wonderful husband who continues to support me in my continuing adventure of being a sole entrepreneur in the interior design world!! Thank you to my 2 beautiful little girls who always make me laugh and keep me feeling like I’m 29!!! Thank you to my inner circle of friends who constantly support me through personal and professional endeavours!!
2) The power of Social Media — without it, many of the opportunities I have experienced so far this year would not have happened:
Twitter: Thank you for allowing me to ‘meet’ some of the most fascinating people from all over the globe and make it feel like I am having a cup of coffee in the same room with them. Thank you for introducing me to a group of local women (you know who you are) who continuously empower & support each other to grow as women and help grow their respective businesses. Thank you for introducing me to a world of interior design bloggers — my education in the design industry is never-ending and I love it!!
Facebook: Thank you for allowing me to stay in touch with friends from my past that I don’t see anymore and allowing me to meet new friends with common interests!
3) Thanks to my clients who invited me into their homes and constantly inspire me to create beautiful interiors for their homes and businesses.
4) And last, and this may sound weird, but I want to thank “Courage.” Without courage, I wouldn’t have started my own interior decorating company or started writing a blog this past summer or contemplated launching my own online interior decorating show. Starting a second career is scary but “Courage” helped me get through that scary phase and now I am having a blast!!!
5) And a special thank you for reading my blog!!
I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving!!! xoxo