When I look at this beach inspired dining room, I feel happy and serene. All the different variations of blue make me think of the beach which is exactly where I want to be right now.
Here are the 7 things I love about this dining room designed by Mabley Handler.
1. The fabulous chevron-y like fabric on the drapery & chairs by Jonathan Adler for Kravet. (Pattern: Wabash, Color: Aquamarine)
2. The Juicy Jute Grasscloth Wallpaper in Blueberry from Phillip Jeffries.
3. The Madeline Weinrib: Haveli Cotton Flatweave Rug in Turquoise. I have always loved her rugs and this one totally grounds the space.
4. This absolutely stunning linen drum shade light fixture embellished with silver nailheads and Swarovski crystals. It was designed by Michelle Hatch New York, and Chad Jacobs of Bone Simple Design.
5. Love, love, love the Dunes & Duchess 4-arm Candelabra.
6. I am currently obsessed with étagères and this one simply takes my breath away. In silver-leaf, it is from Worlds Away.
7. The pacific blue seeded glass table lamp from Rumrunner Home provides additional light on the buffet/bar area. I love how the designers used only one on the buffet versus two. I’m a big fan of symmetry but in this case one lamp works.
I thought I would keep my list to seven, but I also love the coffered ceilings and all the tabletop dishware. Do you love this beach inspired dining room as much as I do? What are some of the top decor items or furnishings that you would add to this list? Click on leave a comment and tell me what you think!!
If you are looking to add a beach inspired feel to one of your rooms, then contact me here so I can help. Have a wonderful weekend!
This is the first “Decorate As You Dress” blog post of the year and I thought why not start it off with Pantone’s 2012 Colour of the year: Tangerine Tango!!
“Sophisticated but at the same time dramatic and seductive, Tangerine Tango is an orange with a lot of depth to it,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.”
Now let’s take a look at how you can incorporate this vivacious colour into your wardrobe or home decor:
I absolutely adore this spring coat as much as I adore this headboard. Now that’s the way to add some POP into your room!!
On the other hand, this kitchen is definitely over the top orange which is something I would NOT recommend doing in your home but I would definitely wear that cute orange outfit above.
Pops of orange like these counter stools or the dining room chairs below is a much palatable way to go with decorating your home in this hue! And used with whites is a sure-fire way to garner positive attention.
Definitely much more refined looking when such a bright colour is used as more of an accent!
But if you want to stop traffic at your next gala event, then this gown is the way to go!!! STUNNING!!
And just as stunning is this front door. What a way to welcome guests to your home!
I’m actually coveting this glorious wallpaper along with these oh so glam Steve Madden shoes!!! Be still my beating heart!!
In case you want to run out and paint a feature wall in this colour, Benjamin Moore has a similar colour called Tangerine Melt CC-091.
If I have inspired you to incorporate this wonderful colour into your home or closet, here are a few tips:
1) This hue is magical when used as an accent against a neutral background, especially with greys!
2) Don’t be afraid to use in colour combinations such as blue & orange or pink & orange!
Wow, I love this glamorous girly look for my Glam Cave!!
3) Don’t be shy about incorporating this colour into your wardrobe or home decor…start off small, then go from there!
Like this or like this……
4) This colour is not for everyone so if it doesn’t suit your skin tone or you absolutely hate anything orange in your home, then DON”T DO IT!! Instead try Benjamin Moore’s 2012 colour of the year: Wythe Blue (HC-143). I’ll blog about this colour later this week.
So tell me….are you ready to tango with the tangerine?
If you want to know how to decorate your home for 2012, then contact me online or via twitter…I’d love to help!
Couldn’t resist this last image!! Want this look for spring!!