GlamaMama On instagram
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.decorbychristine.com" alt="Decor By Christine" style="border:none;" /><img src="http://www.decorbychristine.com/images/webbutton.png" alt="Decor By Christine" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Archive for July 2011
July 14, 2011
WOW! What a fantastic week it has been for me professionally and personally!
1) The Dabble Magazine Day show on Cityline aired on Tuesday, July 12th!!
2) I had a group of great women join me for breakfast that morning with lots of champagne and OJ to watch and celebrate my debut on Cityline!
3) I’ve had wonderful feedback and comments from many, many people on Facebook and Twitter!. So thank you very much!
So if you didn’t get a chance to watch it live, then you can click on the link to see it via the Cityline website.
Oh, and this really excited me also!!
It may seem insignificant to some but it’s a big deal to me – especially when you are trying to build up your business –- my name and company name was on the website as a Guest Expert!! Whooo Hooo!
So just to quickly summarize the styling tips I shared in this segment:
· Think in layers when placing items on the bookshelf and in different heights (i.e.: glass bowls layered in front of the picture.)
· When selecting objects, be aware of the scale and color. Objects shouldn’t blend in or get lost on the shelves. Beware of adding too small decorative items that will just end up looking like clutter
· Books are wonderful home accessories, so showcase the most beautiful ones in your collection.
· You can arrange the books by size, subject and color. And don’t forget to place books horizontally as well as vertically – it adds a nice rhythmic pattern to the shelf
· Most people love symmetry when styling their shelves….it provides some structure and balance to the room…especially if the rest of the room has more chaos – like kids toys, etc. – this can be accomplished through matching book ends
· When grouping objects together – just remember the basic rule of threes — objects tend to look better when gathered in odd numbers, like 3s or 5s
· Adding objects such as shapely ceramics, decorative boxes, small sculptures, family photos and original artwork makes your bookcase more visually appealing and personal.
And because I was so nervous I totally forgot this last point I wanted to mention which was:
· Don’t forget about the background of your shelf….in this case; the shelves are open so you can see the dramatic painted dark wall…which helps your decorative pieces stand out stand out.
· Or you can paint or wallpaper the back of bookshelves to add a pop of colour and really bring the shelf to life
Well I hope you enjoyed watching this Cityline/Dabble Mag segment as much as I enjoyed taping it. Have a lovely weekend!! Cheers!
July 11, 2011
What are you doing tomorrow at 9am – that would be Tuesday, July 12th at 9am or if you prefer afternoons…than how about 2:00pm?
Why you ask? Because one of my career aspirations is coming true tomorrow!! I’m appearing in a design segment with other fabulous Food & Design contributors from Dabble Magazine on Cityline.
It’s an action packed hour with Kimberley Seldon and her daughter Raleigh on stilts!! yes, that’s right – stilts!! Dabble Chef Corey James Burgan prepares a Caesar Salad to die for and great tips for having a great picnic!
Dabble’s DIY guy AKA Mr. Chic-ster Nicolas shows everyone how to create a funky étagère
And I get to provide tips on styling a modern informal étagère versus a formal more traditional étagère.
Do not ask me what Tracy and I were laughing about after my segment….I swear to god it is all a blur to me right now. When I watch the episode tomorrow it is going to be totally new to me also!!
In this segment Nicholas and I were teamed against Kimberley and Tracy and Corey and Raleigh to see who could set up a picnic table the fastest.
I won’t tell you which team won!!
Then we showed Tracy what each of our favourite item was to bring to a picnic!!
A great pic of Dabble contributors, Kimberley and Tracy
End of the show Kimberley and I were all smiles!!
Thanks so much to Kimberley for this great opportunity and to everyone at Cityline for making my first time on Cityline so much fun!
Hope you will be watching tomorrow!!
July 8, 2011
Hey, did you catch the latest summer issue of Dabble Magazine? It’s full of amazing design, travel and food. If you have never been to Seattle, then this issue is a must read!!
Now turn to page 14 – 15 to see what Dabble contributors are up to. Do you see or read anything that catches your eye?
Ok…maybe it’s too small to read….so here’s a bigger snapshot!
Now can you read it!! Yes, that’s right I will be appearing on Cityline next Tuesday, July 12th for Cityline’s first Dabble Day!!
Whoo Hooo!! So please watch it or PVR it. And don’t worry, I will l send you a reminder blog post on Monday!!
Have a super weekend!!
July 8, 2011
Are you one of those people who readily admit to watching Big Brother each summer or are you too embarrassed to admit it? I’m the former and have been watching Big Brother since the first season. Yea, I know….I’m hanging my head a bit sheepishly…but hey, it makes for great mindless entertainment! (insert irritating Rachel laugh here!)
So besides irritating houseguests and good strategic game, I do look forward to seeing how the producers change up the house decor each year.
This year the theme of the house is Venice Beach complete with fortune tellers, skateboards, graffiti and lots of bright bold colours. If you didn’t watch the first episode last night, here’s a peek into the house.
The kitchen: I love the butcher block countertop mixed in with a stainless steel countertop in the breakfast bar area. You can see surfboards sticking out of the walls high above the sliding door. And of course the large round dining table where many meals and nominations will take place. Note the bikes…very Venice beach….now we just need a board walk!
And of course, the BB13 living room where 2 guests to be nominated for eviction each week will sit. They definitely brought the outside into the inside this season – note the outdoor furniture!
I’m loving the colours of the lounge or parlour room (as CBS calls it). A bold colour combination of purple and black and the checkerboard floors. The large daybed will be perfect for strategizing against other players. Oh, and the fortune teller is in the bottom left corner – very spooky!
Co-ed bathroom have never been my thing. Just thinking of all those prying eyes on you makes me want to gag. But I love the colour scheme and the flooring.
The HOH bedroom has a circular bed this year…very glam!!! And I continue to adore the pairing of turquoise blue and orange in anything!! I see a lot of West Elm and Crate And Barrel with smidges of Jonathan Adler’s ceramic animals in here.
Love the trellis-style wallpaper in the HOH bathroom – it’s much more striking in blue then it is in the brown in the photo above. And I want that elephant!!
Wow…every time I look at this bedroom on the main floor I begin craving ice cream and dancing to Katy Perry’s hit song ‘California Girls’ — not surprising that it has been nicknamed the Katy Perry bedroom!
This other bedroom featuring 3 twin beds with stunning bent brushed steel was inspired by architect Frank Gehry. Amazing…I love it!
The outside lounge area has gorgeous pops of colour – so vibrant and full of energy – perfect for dissing another housemate! And it looks like they brought the inside furniture outside in this case.
The Venice Beach inspired graffiti wall.
All pictures courtesy of CBS/Sonja Flemming
So what do you think of the BB13’s House decor this year? Will you be watching?
If your home is craving some glamour, then contact me online or in person! I’d love to help!
Subscribe to my Blog
Getting Corked Teaser!
Getting Corked – Pt 1
Getting Corked – Pt 2
- October 2013
- September 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010